Can you hear the whispers of your own heart? In silence and solitude, in the gift of retreat, we silence the blaring horns of daily busy-ness and tune into the Heart's desires.
All action begins in rest.
- Lao Tzu
How to create your own mini-retreat:
- Prepare: Decide how long you want to be on retreat. Unplug phone, computer and alert family and friends that you are off-line, not to be disturbed.
- Find a quiet space that inspires you – outdoors, in your room, near a window, a comfy chair.
- Begin: put on some soothing music, light a candle, create a sacred space.
- Do some stretching, yoga, walk, dance, move your body, ground yourself.
- Do some centering breaths, come to stillness.
- Decide if you want to draw, paint, collage or write in your journal.
- End by blowing out the candle, resuming your daily activities.
Or Plan a home spa day, with bubble bath, foot care, breakfast in bed, cozy blankets and a good book.